Sky Revolutions is one of the UK’s most authoritative voices in the surveying and aerial surveying industry. Vacancies when available will appear on this page.
Due to the success and expansion of the company we are looking to recruit an experienced Land/Geomatics Surveyor to join the team.
THE ROLE: LAND / GEOMATICS SURVEYOR
As a Land/Geomatics surveyor, you will need to:
- Make use of GIS to analyse and interpret site features
- Produce detailed information (subsequently analysed by planners, builders and cartographers)
- Use a range of equipment to produce surveys, including GPS and theodolites
- Analyse information thoroughly before it’s handed over to other professionals
- Measure the ground; including aspects such as small and large-scale distances, angles and elevations
- Gather data on the earth’s physical and man-made features through surveys
- Process data
- Think creatively to resolve practical planning and development problems
- Interpret data using construction drawings
- Utilise data from a range of sources, such as aerial photography, satellite surveys and laser measuring systems
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) and other IT software to interpret data and present information
- Keep up to date with new and emerging technology
- Provide advice to a variety of clients
- Complete a variety of surveys ranging from building measurement surveys and producing floor plans and elevations, topographic surveys, building condition surveys.
Any specialist surveys – such as below ground utility surveys and aerial surveys – will be completed by others, or specialist training will be provided.
This role will involve travel throughout the UK but the administration part of the role can be based from home. You will frequently work away from home and all expenses will be covered by the business. You may travel considerable distances within the UK and be expected to stay overnight in some locations.
You will need to demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Knowledge of geographical information systems (GIS) and CAD, as well as general IT skills
- Decision-making skills and the ability to work independently
- Good oral and written communication skills
- High levels of numeracy
- An ability to handle responsibility
- Accuracy, especially when using equipment
- Your capacity to identify problems quickly and to offer solutions
- Your ability to conceptualise 2D and 3D information
An up to date CSCS card and a full UK driving licence are essential. A DBS check would be desirable as we carry out work on some MoD sites.
If you are interested in this role and would like to discuss the opportunity further please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org