Sky Revolutions is one of the UK’s most authoritative voices in surveying and aerial surveying. We offer exceptional quality land and aerial surveys, photography, filming and inspection services across the Construction & Mining, Facilities Management, Renewables, and Utilities & Telecoms sectors.
THE ROLE: Are you a graduate land surveyor looking for a new and exciting challenge? If so, we are hiring…..
As a land surveyor, you will need to:
- Be fluent in using AutoCAD – Experience using Revit & 3D is desirable.
- Have an understanding of how to carry out topographic surveys.
- Have an understanding of how to carry out measured building surveys – including floor plans, elevations and sections.
- Demonstrate experience of using the current surveying equipment such as Trimble, Lieca or Geomax instruments including total stations, GPS and laser scanners.
- Be able to interpret point cloud data – this would be an advantage.
- Work as part of a team but independently is essential to fulfilling this role.
- Ideally the successful candidate will be able to start immediately and be based in East Anglia or the Midlands region – although the role will involve travel throughout the UK on a regular basis. A willingness to travel is essential but all expenses will be covered, and a vehicle will be provided. You may travel considerable distances within the UK and be expected to stay overnight in some locations.
- This role is currently home based when processing the data captured from site.
- You will need to demonstrate the following skills/ abilities:
- General IT skills using packages such as Microsoft Office, Drobox, AutoCAD
- Decision making skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A passion for exceeding customer expectations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Capacity to identify problems quickly and to offer solutions – have a ‘can-do/ flexible’ attitude
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
- A CSCS card will be required
- Security clearance will be required for some clients
Salary range: £19,000-£20,000. A competitive benefits package is available which includes training, alongside the opportunity to work with the latest technology such as X7, Trimble and Lieca. Staff are also provided with a company van, laptop and mobile phone.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07940062269 to discuss further. The closing date for this role is 16th July 2021.
THE ROLE: LAND / GEOMATICS SURVEYOR
As a Land/Geomatics surveyor, you will need to:
- Make use of GIS to analyse and interpret site features
- Produce detailed information (subsequently analysed by planners, builders and cartographers)
- Use a range of equipment to produce surveys, including GPS and theodolites
- Analyse information thoroughly before it’s handed over to other professionals
- Measure the ground; including aspects such as small and large-scale distances, angles and elevations
- Gather data on the earth’s physical and man-made features through surveys
- Process data
- Think creatively to resolve practical planning and development problems
- Interpret data using construction drawings
- Utilise data from a range of sources, such as aerial photography, satellite surveys and laser measuring systems
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) and other IT software to interpret data and present information
- Keep up to date with new and emerging technology
- Provide advice to a variety of clients
- Complete a variety of surveys ranging from building measurement surveys and producing floor plans and elevations, topographic surveys, building condition surveys.
Any specialist surveys – such as below ground utility surveys and aerial surveys – will be completed by others, or specialist training will be provided.
This role will involve travel throughout the UK but the administration part of the role can be based from home. You will frequently work away from home and all expenses will be covered by the business. You may travel considerable distances within the UK and be expected to stay overnight in some locations.
You will need to demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Knowledge of geographical information systems (GIS) and CAD, as well as general IT skills
- Decision-making skills and the ability to work independently
- Good oral and written communication skills
- High levels of numeracy
- An ability to handle responsibility
- Accuracy, especially when using equipment
- Your capacity to identify problems quickly and to offer solutions
- Your ability to conceptualise 2D and 3D information
An up to date CSCS card and a full UK driving licence are essential. A DBS check would be desirable as we carry out work on some MoD sites.
If you are interested in this role and would like to discuss the opportunity further please send your CV to email@example.com